Orthodontics – is a relatively young department of dentistry, but its roots go back in ancient times.
Developed into a dynamic pace orthodontics increasingly more ranks themselves in the field of dental medicine.
Orthodontics studying the causes of malocclusion and development models, develop methods for diagnosis, prevention and treatment methods of the anomalies of teeth position, dental arch form, occlusion. Orthodontics deals with monitoring concrete and harmonious development of the jaw.Currently there are six main areas of orthodontics:
- Preventive Orthodontics – apply to collectives of children. Following a screening of a routine exam already identifying children who need orthodontic treatment and those at risk.
- Specialized treatment – treatment of dental abnormalities, teeth alignment disharmony, relations during temporary and permanent dentition, joint.
- Orthodontic treatment of adults as preparing for the orthopedic treatment.
- Rehabilitation of orthodontic patients with maxillofacial innate abnormalities, patients with trauma.
- Correction of dental arch shape and position of teeth, recovery and rehabilitation of mimic and masticatory muscles using orthodontic appliances also successful correction of malocclusion determining the results, which usually takes place around the age 14-16.
- Orthodontic treatment is performed after the examination and laboratory analysis.